One Church, Two Campuses.
Christ Alone worships on two separate campuses: one in Thiensville (the North Campus), the other in Mequon on Cedarburg Rd. across from River Barn Park (the South Campus).
Christ Alone is a congregation of approximately 900 people who confess faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior from sin. We call ourselves “Lutheran” because we relate to the confession of Jesus enunciated by Dr. Martin Luther and his associates in the 16th century.
We emphasize these three pillars. We are saved:
- by Grace Alone (sola gratia)
- through Faith Alone (sola fide)
- in Scripture Alone (sola scriptura)
Our mission is “to know Christ and to make his love known in our homes, communities, nation, and world.”
247 S. Main St. in Thiensville
10001 N. Cedarburg Rd. in Mequon
What We Believe
- We believe that by our own words and actions, each of us has fallen short of the perfection that God demands, and we deserve his condemnation.
- But God in his love sent his own Son, Jesus Christ, into this world to be the Savior of all people, that through his suffering, death, and resurrection he might pay for the sins of the whole world.
- That tension–of our sin and guilt versus God’s love and the gift of salvation in Jesus–form the backbone of everything we do and teach. It’s truly gospel, or good news.
- God gives this forgiveness of sins and eternal life to us through faith in his Word and the power of his Sacraments. We work to share this good news with all our might, that others might believe and be saved eternally. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith…”
For a more complete statement of our beliefs, visit “This We Believe,” found on the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) website. Our church stands united in faith and practice with the WELS. Learn more about the WELS and all our ministry partners.